Friday, March 13, 2009

Like A Virgin

The Machine and I went out again for what seemed like the first time in forever and a day tonight. We had a long discussion before we headed out. Mainly, The Machine filled me in on what he had learned from Natural Tim concerning the mindset we should have before we even approach a woman and some things we would be working on tonight.


Mainly, we've decided to go back to square one and work on the basics of the game. Tonight was the approach, focusing mainly on Opening and using good voice Tonality... It was a pretty shitty turnout at most of the Bars, but we made the best of it.

I try to stick as closely as possible to Natural Tim's and Sinn's rule of opening the first set I see when I enter the bar, and tonight was no exception. I opened a 2 set with this cute little blonde who had a pretty smile, HBUSC, and her friend who The Machine had to ultimately entertain while I reaped the benefits of opening. The set opened right up with my, now patented, Lone Star Opener and we entered into fluff talk. I stayed in fluff talk most of the interaction (which is a sticking point of mine), but managed to do some okay kino and deflect the advances of a couple of drunkards on my chickie. The Machine was a Champ; he kept her friend occupied the entire time, even though she desperately wanted to wreck her HBUSC's good time. Thanks Machine.

Couple of Items to note:
I think I might have stumbled on to a new routine that plays up my carpentry abilities which led me to mentioning that I can't help but notice wood textures and then to an interesting coffee table that I built out of an old window, and how I would amuse myself because of a missing piece of glass, and finally to where my cute little puppy dog would stick his head up through the peins, which would let me ultimately show my cute little puppy dog photo on my nifty iPhone.

I did not work on much tonality, which means the night was not the biggest success. After being in set for probably 45 minutes where I teased, fluff talked, qualified, and may have dipped into comfort, I number closed, and The Machine and I bounced to another much deader bar.

On the way I opened a moving set by litterally running up behind a big group of girls all hoed up for what looked like a B-day Bash, and asked her about her head band. This one could easily be called a blowout because she was having none of it and looked annoyed the entire time I talked at her... not to her at her. I don't think she said a word that didn't begin and end with "no." But, there was no kick to the groin or calling of police, so no harm done.

We roamed around inside the next Bar for a bit, then I opened a 2 set of blondes (you're probably noticing a blonde trend). HBQueen1 & HBQueenB (that wasn't an error.) I didn't get much past the opener and some teasing before I ejected. I thought I was pretty much told to leave, but The Machine thought I should have stayed and plowed through a bit. I saw that one of the girls had a guy with her or at least an orbiter, but to tell you the truth, I really don't know why I ejected.

The Machine opened a moving set while cruising the street that he didn't fully caveman, but afterward expressed that he should have. I stood awkwardly looking at her friend while The Machine high fived hugged and spanked some ass... Looking back, I have no idea what happened there, but I definitely dropped the ball on that one.

We bounced to another bar down the street and again there was nothing going on, but The Machine opened a pretty little asian girl at the corner of the bar; I'm sure he will blog about that one because I'm a gentleman and I don't eavesdrop on other people's sets.

All in all, it was just good to get back out there. The Machine and I are really trying to make a committed go at it this time, so wish us diligence, insight, and humility for the journey ahead of us.

Lates,
Irony

No comments:

Post a Comment