Friday, March 13, 2009

FR:Cahuenga... Blvd. or Ave. or just dead?

So... The Machine and I rolled out to Cahuenga tonight, but we were denied at every turn... I think because it was a combination of the Holidays and being a weeknight, we encountered some of the deadest bars I've ever seen in Hollywood.

I opened 3 times and probably stayed in set for all of 10 minutes.

Set 1: I followed the rule of opening the first set I saw... this time it was a mixed 2 set. They were nice, just fraternizing for business sake. I accused the girl of being scared of the guy and told her she needed to open up her body language and be more receptive to his advances... this usually works like a charm to get the girl creeped out about the other guy. Then I boxed him out for a bit and finally she told me that the guy was engaged, so I told him to tell us his love story. I didn't physically escalate at all on the girl -- which is a sticking point of mine. Finally, I ejected because I had to piss.

Set 2: I pulled the goofy wave on a seated 2 set and said "Hey"... She looked at me and said "do I know you?" I said something witty that I don't remember, but then a pizza interupted our melee. Which revealed another sticking point -- I don't plow through, I eject when things get uncomfortable or a get an interrupt. This is apparent in my next set...

Set 3: I open a seated 2 set. The Blonde was interested, but her friend was uber-disinterested. So, I tried to engage her a bit, but she wasn't biting. I pretty quickly ejected and went back to doing nothing...

All in all, this wasn't a successful night... I didn't work on anything, but I guess I found a couple fo new sticking points.

lates,
Irony

No comments:

Post a Comment